Bushfires in Australia have destroyed 40 homes and killed one firefighter.

Australia: Bushfires in the Australian state of New South Wales have destroyed 40 homes.
A total of 52 bushfires are burning across New South Wales, with nine still out of control.
Twenty homes were destroyed by bushfires in the state last weekend.
Additionally, 19 homes were destroyed by a bushfire in the coastal area of Dolphin Sands. The fire has been contained, but the road remains closed.
Meanwhile, a firefighter was killed on Sunday night when a tree fell on him while he was battling a bushfire near the town of Pulletop.
Rural Fire Service Commissioner Trent Curtain said that 3,500 hectares of bushland and four homes were destroyed by bushfires in the area last week.
He also said that firefighters will have to battle these fires for several more days.