Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi. A sleeper bus going from Prayagraj to Durg caught fire near Bandha Mudha near Gaurela barrier at 3 am on Tuesday. It is being told that the entire bus was burnt to ashes in no time due to the spark coming out of the brake which caught fire in the rear tyre.
There were about 70 passengers in the bus at the time of the accident. It was fortunate that all the passengers were deboarded from the bus in time. It is being told that the driver of another vehicle told the bus driver that some sparks were coming out from the rear tyre. The fire broke out in the tire of the bus due to heating of the brake shoe. After that this accident happened.